Friday, November 18, 2011

CHALLENGE UPDATE: Day 5

The long and the short of this is: I'm terrible at this new challenge.

I remember seeing old videos in grade school about how dinosaurs had poor nervous systems that operated too slow. If a branch falls on a dino's foot, instead of going to it's spinal column, the signal would make a lazy path to it's brain, then all the way back again to tell it to move (at least that is how 4th grade me remembers it).

I feel that is very much like my Chivalrous reaction time. Every time a female enters a room, the signal makes it's way from my eyes to the brain with all the urgency of a Family Circus cartoon. By the time I register that there is a female in the room and the signal makes a leisurely path to my legs forcing me to stand, the room is once again empty.

...Also I swear A LOT in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment